Sunday, December 27, 2009

Tree Hop'in in TR

4:54 A.M.--
Wasn't sure what to expect tonight. My dad's side of the family was getting together to "hop" from home to home--between each siblings pad--to check out their respective Christmas trees. Really, it was just an excuse to get everyone together and catch up.

When I was a kid we would get together on the holidays. My fam would come up from Sheboygan, and alternate between my mom's side and dad's side. Now it's a rarity to get everyone together at the same time. Well, in reality, maybe it's me who seldom comes around... My dad's family sees each other much more than I see anyone, even my parents, who live five minutes from me.

I have only excuses. I need to once again become engaged in the happenings of my family. I pangs me not to be able to recall the name of a younger cousin, or spouse of an aunt or uncle, or to not know what any given relative is up to in his or her day-to-day. I need to start living better and reconnecting with the people who helped shape who I am. My Blood and Bone. We are more alike than I've let myself admit.

Merry Christmas Fam. I'm sorry I've been away. I'm glad to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment